Beach Hut Breaks
We have three beach huts - our 'Beach Retreats' - which carers can book for a small fee of £5 per day. The huts are located at Sandbanks (Poole), Alum Chine, and Boscombe (Bournemouth).
To book a beach hut, please contact the Carers Support Service.
Using the Beach Hut
- Use of the beach huts is restricted to a maximum of eight people and we ask you to be considerate to any neighbours.
- Sorry, no pets in the beach huts.
We've kitted out the beach huts with some useful items:
- Chairs, crockery, cutlery, kettle and a gas hob.
- Tea, coffee, sugar and powdered milk.
- Portable ramp (at Sandbanks and Alumchine only)
- Washing up bowl and dish cloths
You will need to bring your own tea towel.
- On the day of your booking, you can retrieve the key from the key safe (at Sandbanks the key safe is on the Beach Office wall, at Alum Chine and Boscombe the key safe is on the beach hut).
- We will give you the key safe code and explain how to use it when we confirm your booking.
- Please ensure you return the key to the key safe at the end of the day.
Getting to the Beach Huts
- Yellow Bus 7 goes to Alum Chine where they turn around.
- There is a car park at Alum Chine with six disabled parking bays.
- The land train runs from Central Bournemouth West and Durley Chine to Alum Chine, and from Boscombe pier to Central Bournemouth West, so you could get the land train all the way from Boscombe. The land train is wheelchair friendly. One carer per disabled passenger can ride free.
- You can catch the Breezer 60 bus from Poole Bus Station or Breezer 50 from Bournemouth Interchange. There will be a short walk at Sandbanks to the beach hut itself.
- If you use a disabled blue badge, and are tax exempt, you will need to ensure you have a Disabled Tax Exempt Permit from Borough of Poole. You can apply online here.
- Pay and display parking is available along the Undercliff for a majority of the year. During major events, such as the Air Festival, parking restrictions may apply.