CRISP Carers Social Events
***Events hosted by CRISP are available to carers looking after someone who pays council tax to Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council - These and other events are listed at the bottom of the page.***
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our usual social activities have had to stop for the time-being. We have been looking at ways we can keep connected through social activities on-line, and will be holding online events using the video-conferencing software ‘Zoom’. The person you care for is welcome to join in too.
How does it work?
- Email email@example.com to say which events you would like to join in with.
- We will email back to confirm if you have a place – first come, first served basis – we may be able to repeat popular events.
- We will email you an invitation and a ‘link’ that you click onto when the event is due to start. Also a password you will need to type-in to join the meeting.
- You will be prompted to either download ‘Zoom’ or join using your browser and then taken through a few steps to join the meeting (if you downloaded ‘Zoom’ before May 30th, you may need to download an update).
If you are new to Zoom and have any questions about how Zoom works, do please email beforehand and we will try our best to answer them. We'd would also love to hear your ideas for further on-line social activities.
CRISP is using ‘Zoom’ video conferencing as a temporary way of continuing to hold social events during the COVID-19 pandemic. There are some data protection considerations surrounding Zoom which means that the security of any information disclosed during a social event cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, please do not talk about any personal issues you or the person you care for may have and do not give out any personal details. By keeping to these guidelines we will be able to safely carry on holding social events for us all to enjoy. If you do have any personal concerns you need to discuss, please continue to contact the Carer Support Service in the usual way.
- Jo Malyon joins us to show us how to make beautiful paper flowers from newspaper or old books.